Monday, August 29, 2011

Maggie buys a dress in her own fucking size

Based on the series by Brian from Red No. 3, Maggie Joins a Roller Derby League, Maggie Gets a Mater's in Gender Studies, and Maggie Gains Back the Weight and Learns to Accept Her Body.  When I first read about the diet book aimed at 4-12 year olds, Maggie Goes on a Diet, one of my initial thoughts was "or she could just buy a dress in her own fucking size". And let me tell you, a pink size 14 prom dress? Not hard to find.  So when I looked at Brian's original (awesome) manipulation I thought "that dress needs to be her size!" so I damn well made it her size! Obviously the title plays off of Brian's but with my own bit added onto the end.


6 comments:

  1. Haha this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Yes Yes! This is what I call Vanity Sizing! A perfect size ME!!! I just wrote a blog post about this if you would like to read it! http://www.leftoverstogo.com/2011/08/27/i-am-a-perfect-size-me/
    Thanks for this wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I hope to see lots more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deah- I saw it and it's a great post :D I love that- I'm a size me! damn straight!

    ashley, Kath, thanks :) i hope Brian keeps making these- I especially love the bachelor's degree in women's studies one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make this?! This is everything I ever wanted in a children's book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara- yes I made it.. and it would be awesome if there were some fat positive childrens books wouldn't it? Unfortunately the pickings are slim.

    ReplyDelete

Dreaming of Wheels

I finally dreamed of myself in a wheelchair . How we view ourselves is often hard. What we think of ourselves, even how we picture ourse...